Interested in becoming a qualified Mental Health First Aider?
CareerBuilders provides accredited MHFA Instructors to run Mental Health First Aid workshops to our clients. Participants receive a nationally recognised certificate qualification when they complete this highly informative and interactive 2 day programme. We will be running a series of open public programmes in response to high demand.
Click here to open our 2018 Public Workshop Schedule. Please get in contact with us for further details or registration.
Mental Health First Aid is a programme which certifies participants as mental health first aiders in their workplaces. It does not equip people with the tools to diagnose and treat mental illness, but it provides practical information about key mental illnesses so that you can identify risks in the workplace, and provide assistance if someone is experiencing a mental health issue.
What’s in the Course?
The course teaches a first aid process for non-crisis intervention which can be applied to
1. Someone experiencing depression
2. Someone experiencing anxiety
3. Someone experiencing psychosis
4. Someone experiencing the effects of an alcohol or substance disorder.
The course also provides a process for dealing with crisis situations for the above four categories. These crises are:
1. Someone experiencing suicidal thoughts, feelings or behaviours
2. Someone experiencing a panic attack
3. Someone experiencing a severe psychotic episode
4. Someone experiencing high levels of intoxication (sometimes with aggressive behaviour).
The programme goes for 2 days in duration covering the 4 modules as described above. There are a variety of interactive exercises, DVDs, workshop exercises and group discussions as well as a highly informative 2 day material content.
Who Should Attend this Programme?
This programme is of interest to those wishing to become mental health first aiders in their workplaces, as well as anyone interested in improving the knowledge and capability of an organisation in order to foster improved workplace mental health.
Key workshop outcomes:
• Improved confidence and skill when dealing with a mental health issue in the workplace
• A greater awareness of mental health, and reduced stigma about mental illness
• Better promotion of mental health in the workplace through increased knowledge of the key areas of mental health
• A nationally recognised certificate qualification as a mental health first aider, provided by Mental Health First Aid Australia.
• The Mental Health First Aid Manual – an extremely good reference guide.
The cost of the course is $425 plus GST per participant to attend the 2 day workshop. We can have up to 20 participants in a workshop. Contact us today to register your interest in this workshop, as we will be scheduling in regular public programmes in response to demand.